Expatriate Tax Services

Expatriate Tax Services

Need Expatriate Tax Services To File A US Tax Return?

We specialize in Expatriate Tax Services and filing US tax returns. Benjamin Franklin reminded people so many years ago that “but in this world nothing can be certain, except death and taxes”. In colonial times, he was considered well-traveled as US Ambassador to France and a wealthy man in many aspects of his life. Tax Samaritan wants to help you achieve similar successes not just in planning and properly filing income tax but in the larger perspective of wealth management. One of the most important decisions about your income taxes is whether to get your tax preparation done with the help of an experiences expatriate tax service like Tax Samaritan or go it alone. You need more than Ben’s suggestion that “early to be and early to rise… makes (someone) healthy, wealthy and wise” to protect the fruits of your hard work! You deserve expert advice from experienced practitioners in long-term financial planning and, especially, the US tax code.

While many taxpayers feel that they can prepare their taxes on their own each tax year, it is more prudent to think about utilizing the resources of an expatriate tax services firm because what you improperly report on a tax return can hurt you years from now. In fact, if you ever wondered whether you could take a specific deduction or credit you don’t know about or if you could be paying less or getting a larger refund, or even if you simply wonder if you are preparing your taxes correctly, you should consider experienced professional tax preparation to provide expatriate tax services. US expatriates follow very special and often changing sets of rules; you need and deserve advice from a seasoned specialist. Our free 30-minute consultation might provide you, as a US expat, with a single idea, a strategy for this tax year, or an entirely new prospective on managing your financial future wherever you decide to live.

Tax Planning Is Only One Part Of Managing Wealth

Even though there are many opportunities as an overseas resident for tax savings, there are also many expatriate tax risks. American expats living abroad in the past few years have been hit especially hard when they realize that they were required to file tax returns and foreign bank account reporting (the “FBAR”) even when there was no tax liability. Are you self-employed or own a part of a business in a foreign country? Do you own a foreign-source mutual fund or have other foreign investments? Have you received an inheritance from an estate or from a relative outside the country? Do you have any financial service accounts outside the United States? If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing an expatriate tax return and paying estimated taxes are typically the same whether you are living in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax regardless of where you reside; the U.S. government imposes an expatriate tax return filing requirement and these rules are changing from year to year.

Tax Samaritan Expatriate Tax Services

Tax Samaritan’s Expatriate Tax Services are based on 20+ years of experience and knowledge about the US tax code as it applies to overseas Americans. We will guide you through the complex expatriate tax preparation process to obtain the optimum tax benefit for you. Benjamin Franklin reminded us that “lost time is never found again.” Our methods offer a simple and straightforward process for expat tax filing to help you save that time and your money.

Tax Samaritan expatriate tax services include assistance in the following areas and more:

  • Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts FBAR (now FinCEN 114)
  • Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
  • Foreign Tax Credit
  • Form 5471 – Information Return of US Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations
  • Form 8621 – Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) Return
  • OVDP – Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
  • Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures
  • Totalization Agreements
  • Unfiled Tax Returns

As an expat, you face a changing assortment of issues from how to get your mail forwarded from the U.S. to overseas, to saving money on foreign currency exchange when sending money home or making a large purchase or currency transaction. Many expats face the same challenge of finding a reputable service provider to solve these issues and more, in addition to finding a reputable professional to prepare your U.S. tax returns. Tax Samaritan’s expatriate tax services can make your filing process and financial planning easier.

You can find Tax Samaritan takeaways at the bottom of this page as well as many value-added links across our website especially for US expats. We share all kinds of reference information with you about service providers that we think that will be of value to you. Tax Samaritan works hard to shorten the time you spend searching for answers to specific questions or discovering new ideas and services that you may need. All of our partners are carefully selected and are known to specialize in providing services for expats.

The Tax Samaritan Service Promise is to provide the best counsel, advocacy and personal service for our clients. Our practiced staff are not only tax preparation and representation experts but seasoned advisers and valued business partners. Tax Samaritan understands your unique needs and knows that every tax situation needs a personal approach to achieve a realistic and cost-effective solution.

Consider our monthly newsletter or click on company logos and buttons on subsequent pages if you require more information regarding service providers and want to contact them in order to learn more about what they can do for you.

Finally, if you have received excellent service or value from an expat resource, share your experience with us here at Tax Samaritan so that we can share your discovery with others.

Tax Samaritan Takeaways and Expat Resources

2014 IRS Publication 54, Tax Guide for US Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad

United States Income Tax Treaties – A to Z

Save money on changing currency by using a Foreign Exchange Broker

No more missing mail by using a Mail Forwarding Service

If You Own A Business, Save Taxes And Health Costs With A Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)

If you would like a quote, please click on the button below for a free, no obligation Tax Preparation quote and/or free 30-minute consultation to discuss your situation regarding PFICs further:

Tax Samaritan is a team of Enrolled Agents with over 25 years of experience focusing on US expatriate tax services and representation. We maintain this tax blog where all articles are written by Enrolled Agents. Our main objective is to educate US taxpayers on their tax responsibilities and the selection of a tax professional. Our articles are also designed to help taxpayers looking to self prepare, providing specific tips and pitfalls to avoid.

When looking for an expatriate tax services professional, choose carefully. We recommend that you hire a credentialed tax professional such as Tax Samaritan that is an Enrolled Agent (America’s Tax Experts). If you are a US taxpayer overseas, we further recommend that you seek a professional who is experienced in expatriate tax services, like Tax Samaritan (most tax professionals have limited to no experience with the unique tax issues of expat taxpayers).

Randall Brody is an enrolled agent, licensed by the US Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the IRS for audits, collections and appeals. To attain the enrolled agent designation, candidates must demonstrate expertise in taxation, fulfill continuing education credits and adhere to a stringent code of ethics.

Every effort has been taken to provide the most accurate and honest analysis of the tax information provided in this blog. Please use your discretion before making any decisions based on the information provided. This blog is not intended to be a substitute for seeking assistance from an expatriate tax services professional.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *