Job Opportunity-Remote Tax Professional
We’re looking to hire a Remote Tax Professional
We are looking for someone that we can trust and someone that can show that they can be productive working remotely.
Our most basic requirement is to “get stuff done”. In other words, finish it right and meet deadlines. We provide the flexibility and you show us that you are good at what you do, finish tax engagements adequately and add to the success of the business overall.
It’s okay if you do it at two in the morning wearing Captain America pajama pants, burning incense and listening to Dire Straits on vinyl. Whatever works for you Is your own business. You can establish your own rules for being a good remote tax professional.
Communication and accountability are key.
We are looking for someone that can be our next “Tax Guru”.
This is a contractor (1099) position.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
You’ll have the ability to positively impact U.S. taxpayers all around the world.
Help people with their tax returns and problems that can actually change their lives.
POSITIVELY CHANGE U.S. TAXPAYERS LIVES
One of the main reasons we started our company was so that US taxpayers abroad would have the freedom and flexibility to obtain quality tax preparation and representation regardless of their location worldwide.
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
Be a part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and everyday. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a quickly growing company and promote from within. Your opportunity for growth inside of our company is exciting.
This is a tax school that you get paid for. You will not only work within a dynamic business, you will be immersed in working with tax professionals and learning about real life business.
We hire grown-ups and we will treat you like one.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, and join us in the impact that we are making.
DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION
SO WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a tax professional you will responsible for a variety of tasks during the lifecycle of our tax preparation process and tax resolution (tax resolution applicable only if an active EA or CPA).
Some of these tasks include:
- Tax research and answering client emails such as tax questions and inquiries about information needed
- Preparation of client work papers (our returns are more complex and most of our clients do not have tax documents such as W2s, 1099s, etc. which necessitates the need for work papers to have a path for data entry into our tax software), data entry into Tax Software and posting and reviewing returns with clients
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR:
- Those who have a lot going on already and don’t have the time and focus needed to do a quality job and to meet time commitments
- Those who do not already have a PTIN and do not have at least two years of tax preparation experience
- Those looking to only do simple tax returns
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is a high communicator
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges including the unique and complex returns for expats (US taxpayers abroad)
- Loves learning new things and can pick up on new tasks quickly
- Loves preparing tax returns and answering tax questions from clients whether explaining tax law or explaining what tax documents/information is needed
- Wants to be compensated fairly for their contributions and value
- Wants to set their own work hours and work in their pajamas (if desired)
WHY SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
- You’ll get to push yourself mentally and put your tax professional skills to use in a variety of new and different challenges. There is never a dull moment.
- You’ll be paid to do what you already love.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT:
- We experience tremendous growth each year and need someone who can really own this role.
- We are still a small firm and you will have your hands in a variety of projects and engagements that you will not encounter on a regular basis at other small firms and typically won’t have the opportunity to regularly experience at a larger firm.
WHAT IS THE PAY:
We pay 20% of the fees collected.
20% paid once the returns are prepared, reviewed and posted for client review – your pay is not contingent on us receiving the client payment first before you get paid for your work… we take care of all of that.
Our average fee per engagement is approx. $800 (yielding you $160.00 based on this average fee).
We can not predict how long each return would take you to complete, but our experience shows that it takes about 2.5 hours to prepare most returns and we allocate 1 hour to client communication and information gathering/requests (most clients need a bit of hand-holding). At that rate it works out to about $45.71/hour.
After 12 months with our firm, we will increase the rate from 20% to 25%.
Sound good? I want to learn more about you!