Join our newsletter and never miss a FREE update.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

I live in a foreign country. How do I get a social security number for my dependent who qualifies for a social security card?

You will need to contact the Social Security Administration, as the IRS does not issue SSNs. Use Form SS-5-FS, Application For A Social Security Card, which may be obtained from and filed with the Social Security Administration.

Published by
Updated: June 2, 2018

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *