Join our newsletter and never miss a FREE update.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

I own a foreign rental property that operates at a loss. Do I have to report this on my U.S. tax return?

Yes, you will most likely need to include Schedule E with your tax return if you’ve received rental income, even if there is a net loss. Losses from rental properties may help reduce your overall tax liability and must be claimed on your tax return.

Published by
Updated: June 2, 2018

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *