What if I made a mistake on a previously filed return?

You can amend your tax return to fix the error on Form 1040X. The primary statute of limitations expires three years after the filing date. If you are filing 1040X to claim a refund, you have two years from the payment of the tax or three years from the original (before any filing extension) due date of the return to make a refund claim.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.