About Tax Samaritan
We Are The U.S. Tax Safety Experts. We Eliminate U.S. Expat Tax Risks
When preparing your taxes as an expat, the stakes are high. You must follow many different regulations, and you can face severe penalties if you don’t do things properly. Tax Samaritan eliminates all of these risks by making sure your tax preparation is accurate and thorough. With our experienced and credentialed tax professionals on your side, you won’t need to worry about the IRS.
Get Clear Tax Advice That Makes A True Difference
Tax Samaritan has been helping expats save money since 1997. We understand all the intricate tax laws that apply to expats, and we will make sure that you pay as little tax as possible while still complying with the law. More than that, Tax Samaritan will help you make wise tax planning and investment decisions to grow your wealth and build a better future.
Today, Tax Samaritan does this by asking insightful questions about your tax situation and paying careful attention to the preparation of your return. We approach your return and financial situation holistically.
What to Expect?
- A tax and wealth management firm that will help you navigate complex expat tax issues, such as the foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credit, the FBAR, tax treaties, social security totalization agreements and other advanced tax topics. Our knowledge comes from the experience of preparing thousands of expat tax returns for American taxpayers overseas.
- Advisors that understand the unique tax issues impacting U.S. taxpayers abroad.
- A relationship that doesn’t end after we file your return or solve your tax problem. We believe in a long-term relationship. We will keep you up-to-date on new developments in tax laws that apply to you, and we will be available when you need us.
It’s always about the big picture. Your tax preparer needs to understand all the facets of your tax situation. We cover the gamut, which is all part of our normal preparation process to ensure an accurate return with the lowest tax liability possible.
Meet The Tax Samaritan Owners
Tax Samaritan Founder and CEO
Tax expert Randall Brody is the founder of Tax Samaritan and Peace Of Mind Help, companies specializing in expatriate tax solutions and tax resolution. With his Enrolled Agent (EA) designation from the Internal Revenue Service, Randall helps clients solve complex tax problems and alleviate their stress and fear.
Brody has been published in the EA Journal, the industry magazine for the National Association of Enrolled Agents. For over 30 years, he has guided over 9,500 taxpayers and eliminated more than $800 million in tax debt.
After putting himself through college at Cal State-East Bay, where he earned a B.S. degree in Business Admin, with an emphasis in Finance and an M.B.A., Brody has as always understood the value of hard work and financial stability. With a focus on guiding people through intricate tax laws, he has built a successful practice driven by dedication and expertise. Clients benefit from his passion for making complicated tax issues simple and for saving them the most money possible. His approach is characterized by integrity, personalized attention, and a commitment to delivering the best results for every client’s unique needs.
Brody enjoys outdoor activities, including skiing and hiking in the mountains. He has served his local community in Las Vegas as a Volunteer Ski Patrol Director at a local ski resort.
He lives in North Las Vegas, Nev. with his wife, Connie, and their giant dogs Gracie, a Labradoodle; Scoobie, a Great Dane; and Zummie, a St. Berdoodle. The Brody’s have five children and six grandchildren.
Tax Samaritan Office Coach And Co-Owner
After over 20 years as a Regional Manager in the healthcare and per diem staffing industry for medical staff, Connie decided to join her husband Randall to help build a tax preparation and resolution firm focused on the needs of U.S. expats. Connie spends her days ensuring that Tax Samaritan offers exactly what our clients need and help them through the process of gathering the information needed for their return preparation.
On a personal note, Connie loves spending time with her large family (husband… yes… even though sometimes working side-by-side with one’s spouse can be a bit overwhelming at times…, four daughters, son, granddaughter and grandsons).
Our Accreditations and Awards
We are Proud to be recognized by the Most trusted Firms in the world.
Meet Our Team Of Tax Professionals
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Jordan Tucker is a proud member of the California Society of CPAs. He earned his Bachelors of Science in accounting from Stockton University in Galloway, New Jersey.
While working in public accounting, Jordan provided assurance and taxation services to clients from a variety of different industries. Some of his responsibilities included preparing external & internal financial statements, tax planning, and tax return preparation. His experiences with solving complex tax issues and working with clients to reduce their tax liability fostered a special interest in the area of taxation, which is currently Jordan’s main focus.
Jordan resides in Dana Point, CA and is an outdoor and ocean enthusiast. In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf, surfing, diving, fishing, hiking, and snowboarding. When he isn’t spending time outdoors, Jordan likes to read, listen to music, play guitar, and enjoy the company of family and friends.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Joemar Alba is a licensed Certified Public Accountant based in the Philippines. In 2010, Joemar graduated with a bachelor’s degree in accounting in the University of the Philippines, Philippine’s National University. Before joining the team at Tax Samaritan, he spent more than seven years working with private entities where he had a variety of experiences in bookkeeping, accounting, taxation and auditing.
Joemar is not all about work. He also loves to read self-help books on personal finance and practical business strategies. Joemar loves to watch sports as well, especially in international competitions where Philippines is a contender. When he isn’t reading or watching sports, he enjoys discussing politics on Facebook.
If you find yourself in the Philippines in the beautiful province of Cebu, please feel free to reach out to Joemar to meet for coffee.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Christian Ayade is a Certified Public Accountant based in Cebu City, Philippines. Chris earned his degree in accounting from Holy Name University, a catholic university located in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines. In 2010, he moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where he worked for about 6 years. Chris is experienced in financial planning and analysis, management accounting, bookkeeping and taxation. He also enjoys working as a part-time college teacher at a local university in Cebu, where he teaches accounting, local taxation, accounting systems and economics.
In his spare time, Chris enjoys watching TV shows and documentaries that relate to politics, economics, biographies and travel.
Enrolled Agent (EA)
Prior to joining the Tax Samaritan team, Clarissa Risner spent seventeen years working for a registered investment advisor. During this time, she served as everything from manager of accounting services to company president. In addition to providing income tax preparation services, retirement planning, and general financial services to clients, Clarissa was also responsible for all corporate financial functions. In 2015, Clarissa passed all parts of the enrolled agent exam to better assist her clients.
Clarissa is married and has three children. She enjoys spending time with her immediate family, as well as traveling with her extended family. Clarissa is also very active in the children ministries at her church, where she has served as a Junior Bible Quiz coach and/or official for over twenty-five years. Clarissa received her computer science engineering degree from Texas A&M University, so she especially enjoys watching the Aggies play football in the fall as well!
Meet Our Support Team
Rhoda received her Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering. After practicing as an engineer for two years, her passion for traveling and seeing the world directed her career path into the airline industry where she worked as a Cabin Services Director for nearly nine years at one of the top-rated airlines in the world.
Being passionate about customer service, she’s currently working as the Office Administrator for Tax Samaritan. It gives her the opportunity to learn and explore many things related to all fields such as sales, operations, and marketing and taking care of our #1 – our customers.
After working hours, she enjoys her new role as “mom” to a lovely daughter and spending time with her family.
Xandra Bacuetes is a licensed professional teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with specialization in Special Education from the University of Science and Technology in Southern Philippines. She practiced teaching for two years and later, transitioned into remote working. She joined Tax Samaritan in 2022.
Working in operations support, her main functions include providing assistance and initiating follow-ups to clients. She also contributes to the business’s sales and marketing efforts.
As a teacher herself, Xandra is a firm believer in lifelong learning. She loves to enroll in various online courses, attend trainings, webinars and more. She also finds joy in spending quality time with family when she’s not working.
Why Tax Samaritan?
With so many tax preparation firms, why should you choose us?
- “A” Rated and Accredited By The Better Business Bureau – See our BBB Rating .
- Our Client Testimonials – Read our Tax Preparation Testimonials to see what our clients have to say about working with Tax Samaritan.
- Interaction & Responsiveness – Your time is important to us. We want to simplify your life by responding to questions promptly and providing a quick turnaround on your tax return.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – We guarantee our service 100%. If you are not satisfied, we will refund your fees.
- Accuracy Guarantee – We will deliver an accurate return with the lowest legal tax liability. If we make an error on your return that results in penalties, we will reimburse you for the penalties assessed.
- IRS Audit Examination Support – If you are audited for a return that we prepared, we can be available to assist and represent you with the examination. Fees and expenses for representing you will be invoiced in accordance with specific terms established in advance. If you choose our Audit Protection Plan, we’ll shield and protect you from ever having to deal with the tax authorities by yourself for a small fee that’s added to your tax preparation invoice.
- IRS Correspondence Support – If you receive any IRS or state tax correspondence, such as “CP” notifications, audit letters or other letters, we will help you with the correspondence at no additional cost with our Audit Protection Plan.
- Year-Round Assistance – Our team of tax professionals is accessible to you all year long.
- Our Tax Knowledge and Experience – We are IRS Enrolled Agents with a proven breadth of experience and knowledge about the intricacies of US taxation. Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are given unlimited representation rights. Unlike CPAs and attorneys, Enrolled Agents fully specialize in taxes, ensuring that you get the best advice available.
- Remote Tax Service – We service you remotely with our online tools wherever you reside in the world. Our tools make it convenient and easy to get your taxes prepared.
- We Protect Your Information – Your data is hosted in our SAS 70/SSAE 16 Certified Datacenter. Every file is encrypted using the latest 128 to 256 bit encryption algorithms (depending on your browser) to ensure that your information is safe and secure.
Talk To An Expert
Ready to start saving money on your taxes? Please click the button below to talk to one of our expat tax experts. We are also available to discuss any other tax or planning concerns you may have.