About Tax Samaritan
We Are The U.S. Tax Safety Experts. We Eliminate U.S. Expat Tax Risks
When preparing your taxes as an expat, the stakes are high. You must follow many different regulations, and you can face severe penalties if you don’t do things properly. Tax Samaritan eliminates all of these risks by making sure your tax preparation is accurate and thorough. With our experienced and credentialed tax professionals on your side, you won’t need to worry about the IRS.
Get Clear Tax Advice That Makes A True Difference
Tax Samaritan has been helping expats save money since 1997. We understand all the intricate tax laws that apply to expats, and we will make sure that you pay as little tax as possible while still complying with the law. More than that, Tax Samaritan will help you make wise tax planning and investment decisions to grow your wealth and build a better future.
Today, Tax Samaritan does this by asking insightful questions about your tax situation and paying careful attention to the preparation of your return. We approach your return and financial situation holistically.
What to Expect?
- A tax and wealth management firm that will help you navigate complex expat tax issues, such as the foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credit, the FBAR, tax treaties, social security totalization agreements and other advanced tax topics. Our knowledge comes from the experience of preparing thousands of expat tax returns for American taxpayers overseas.
- Advisors that understand the unique tax issues impacting U.S. taxpayers abroad.
- A relationship that doesn’t end after we file your return or solve your tax problem. We believe in a long-term relationship. We will keep you up-to-date on new developments in tax laws that apply to you, and we will be available when you need us.
It’s always about the big picture. Your tax preparer needs to understand all the facets of your tax situation. We cover the gamut, which is all part of our normal preparation process to ensure an accurate return with the lowest tax liability possible.
Meet The Tax Samaritan Owners
Tax Samaritan Founder and CEO
Randall Brody is the proud founder of Tax Samaritan. Randall has worn many hats in the business world, including serial entrepreneur, a former banker, and NTPI Fellow, as well as IRS Enrolled Agent (see Enrolled Agent Status) and current CEO of Tax Samaritan.
Randall is far from new to the tax preparation game. Throughout his lengthy career as an Enrolled Agent and tax preparation professional, he has operated three successful brick-and-mortar tax offices and prepared thousands of returns. He eventually moved to a completely online business model. The result of that gutsy move was Tax Samaritan – an innovative tax preparation business that provides the advice and solutions to empower both the overseas taxpayer and taxpayers in the U.S.
When he isn’t busy saving expats thousands of dollars on their taxes. Randall enjoys skiing and spending time with his wife, children and grandchildren. He also serves as the Volunteer Patrol Director with the Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort Mountain Patrol.
Tax Samaritan Office Coach And Co-Owner
After over 20 years as a Regional Manager in the healthcare and per diem staffing industry for medical staff, Connie decided to join her husband Randall to help build a tax preparation and resolution firm focused on the needs of U.S. expats. Connie spends her days ensuring that Tax Samaritan offers exactly what our clients need and help them through the process of gathering the information needed for their return preparation.
On a personal note, Connie loves spending time with her large family (husband… yes… even though sometimes working side-by-side with one’s spouse can be a bit overwhelming at times…, four daughters, son, granddaughter and grandsons).
Our Accreditations and Awards
We are Proud to be recognized by the Most trusted Firms in the world.
Meet Our Team Of Tax Professionals
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Jordan Tucker is a proud member of the California Society of CPAs. He earned his Bachelors of Science in accounting from Stockton University in Galloway, New Jersey.
While working in public accounting, Jordan provided assurance and taxation services to clients from a variety of different industries. Some of his responsibilities included preparing external & internal financial statements, tax planning, and tax return preparation. His experiences with solving complex tax issues and working with clients to reduce their tax liability fostered a special interest in the area of taxation, which is currently Jordan’s main focus.
Jordan resides in Laguna Niguel, CA and is an outdoor and ocean enthusiast. In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf, surfing, diving, fishing, hiking, and snowboarding. When he isn’t spending time outdoors, Jordan likes to read, listen to music, play guitar, and enjoy the company of family and friends.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Joemar Alba is a licensed Certified Public Accountant based in the Philippines. In 2010, Joemar graduated with a bachelor’s degree in accounting in the University of the Philippines, Philippine’s National University. Before joining the team at Tax Samaritan, he spent more than seven years working with private entities where he had a variety of experiences in bookkeeping, accounting, taxation and auditing.
Joemar is not all about work. He also loves to read self-help books on personal finance and practical business strategies. Joemar loves to watch sports as well, especially in international competitions where Philippines is a contender. When he isn’t reading or watching sports, he enjoys discussing politics on Facebook.
If you find yourself in the Philippines in the beautiful province of Cebu, please feel free to reach out to Joemar to meet for coffee.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Christian Ayade is a Certified Public Accountant based in Cebu City, Philippines. Chris earned his degree in accounting from Holy Name University, a catholic university located in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines. In 2010, he moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where he worked for about 6 years. Chris is experienced in financial planning and analysis, management accounting, bookkeeping and taxation. He also enjoys working as a part-time college teacher at a local university in Cebu, where he teaches accounting, local taxation, accounting systems and economics.
In his spare time, Chris enjoys watching TV shows and documentaries that relate to politics, economics, biographies and travel.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Alison Kintz received her Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Financial Management from Concordia University in Portland, Oregon. She went on to earn her Master’s degree in Accounting, specializing in taxation, at the University of Texas at Austin.
Alison has been providing tax preparation, bookkeeping services, and payroll services to a variety of clients over the years. She enjoys getting to know her clients and helping each one in to address their unique tax situation in a clear and efficient manner.
Originally from the Northwest, Alison now divides her time between Gonzales, TX, and Celestún, MX. Her favorite place to be is on the beach. She loves to stay active, and she especially loves activities that take her outdoors. Alison enjoys golf, travel, and spending time with her husband and their two Labradoodles. She also likes to compete in marathons and triathlons, but often does 5ks instead so her dogs can join in the fun.
Enrolled Agent (EA)
Prior to joining the Tax Samaritan team, Clarissa Risner spent seventeen years working for a registered investment advisor. During this time, she served as everything from manager of accounting services to company president. In addition to providing income tax preparation services, retirement planning, and general financial services to clients, Clarissa was also responsible for all corporate financial functions. In 2015, Clarissa passed all parts of the enrolled agent exam to better assist her clients.
Clarissa is married and has three children. She enjoys spending time with her immediate family, as well as traveling with her extended family. Clarissa is also very active in the children ministries at her church, where she has served as a Junior Bible Quiz coach and/or official for over twenty-five years. Clarissa received her computer science engineering degree from Texas A&M University, so she especially enjoys watching the Aggies play football in the fall as well!
Meet Our Support Team
Markie Rosacena is an experienced SEO, SEM, and SMM. Driven by passion, he takes pride in providing the best strategies possible. As a Digital Marketer, his goals include enhancing brand awareness, driving traffic to the company’s website, and generating sales leads. In addition to his primary job functions, Markie has been recognized by colleagues for his extraordinary commitment to helping.
Markie holds a certification from Google and DigitalMarketer, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology from Cebu Technological University-Main Campus.
Outside of work, he enjoys a good Netflix binge but can also be found on bike rides on hilly country roads.
Why Tax Samaritan?
With so many tax preparation firms, why should you choose us?
- “A” Rated and Accredited By The Better Business Bureau – See our BBB Rating .
- Our Client Testimonials – Read our Tax Preparation Testimonials to see what our clients have to say about working with Tax Samaritan.
- Interaction & Responsiveness – Your time is important to us. We want to simplify your life by responding to questions promptly and providing a quick turnaround on your tax return.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – We guarantee our service 100%. If you are not satisfied, we will refund your fees.
- Accuracy Guarantee – We will deliver an accurate return with the lowest legal tax liability. If we make an error on your return that results in penalties, we will reimburse you for the penalties assessed.
- IRS Audit Examination Support – If you are audited for a return that we prepared, we can be available to assist and represent you with the examination. Fees and expenses for representing you will be invoiced in accordance with specific terms established in advance. If you choose our Audit Protection Plan, we’ll shield and protect you from ever having to deal with the tax authorities by yourself for a small fee that’s added to your tax preparation invoice.
- IRS Correspondence Support – If you receive any IRS or state tax correspondence, such as “CP” notifications, audit letters or other letters, we will help you with the correspondence at no additional cost with our Audit Protection Plan.
- Year-Round Assistance – Our team of tax professionals is accessible to you all year long.
- Our Tax Knowledge and Experience – We are IRS Enrolled Agents with a proven breadth of experience and knowledge about the intricacies of US taxation. Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are given unlimited representation rights. Unlike CPAs and attorneys, Enrolled Agents fully specialize in taxes, ensuring that you get the best advice available.
- Remote Tax Service – We service you remotely with our online tools wherever you reside in the world. Our tools make it convenient and easy to get your taxes prepared.
- We Protect Your Information – Your data is hosted in our SAS 70/SSAE 16 Certified Datacenter. Every file is encrypted using the latest 128 to 256 bit encryption algorithms (depending on your browser) to ensure that your information is safe and secure.
Talk To An Expert
Ready to start saving money on your taxes? Please click the button below to talk to one of our expat tax experts. We are also available to discuss any other tax or planning concerns you may have.