We Deal With The IRS And State Tax Authorities, So You Never Have To!
No waiting on hold when you need to talk to the IRS or State. No representing yourself. Just real, good customer service and tax preparation done thoroughly and competently by experienced and credentialed tax professionals.
Get Clear Tax Advice That Makes A True Difference
Since 1997, Tax Samaritan founder Randall Brody has been helping people save money. We specialize in tax solutions and wealth management for U.S. taxpayers with a special focus on assisting Americans living abroad. Our tax and financial services are very straightforward. Tax solutions and wealth management is much more than just a tax return and a retirement account as it encompasses all parts of your financial life, including tax and investment planning *. We want to help solve your tax and financial issues and enhance your financial situation.
Today, Tax Samaritan does this with insightful questions about your tax situation and a focus and detailed attention on your return that is no different than preparing our own personal returns. We view your return and financial situation with a holistic approach.
What can you expect?
- A tax and wealth management firm that can you help navigate the complex expat tax issues such as the foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credit, the FBAR, tax treaties, social security totalization agreements and other advanced tax topics. This knowledge comes from the preparation of hundreds of expat tax returns for American taxpayers overseas.
- Advisors that understand the unique tax issues that are applicable to gamblers, teachers, nurses and the military.
- A relationship that doesn’t end after we file your return or solve your tax problem. We believe in a long-term relationship and in keeping you up-to-date on new developments in tax laws that apply to you and to be available when you need us.
It’s always about the big picture. Understanding all the facets of your tax situation, and we cover the gamut, which is all part of our normal preparation process to ensure an accurate return with the lowest tax liability possible.
Meet The Tax Samaritan Owners
Tax Samaritan Founder – Randall Brody
Tax Samaritan (based in North Las Vegas, Nevada) was founded by Randall Brody (EA, MBA, CCP). Randall is CEO of Tax Samaritan, a serial entrepreneur, former banker, NTPI Fellow and an IRS Enrolled Agent (see Enrolled Agent Status) for many years. Randall built and ran three successful brick-and-mortar tax offices for over ten years, preparing thousands of returns, before moving to a completely online business model. The result of that move is Tax Samaritan – an innovative tax preparation business that provides the advice and solutions that empower both overseas taxpayers and taxpayers in the US to receive quality tax solutions and wealth management with the convenience of never having to leave the home.
On a personal note, Randall is an avid skier and in his spare time serves as the Volunteer Patrol Director with the Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort Mountain Patrol and enjoys spending time with his family (wife, four daughters, son, granddaughter and grandsons).
Tax Samaritan Office Coach And Co-Owner – Connie Brody
After over 20 years as a Regional Manager in the healthcare and per diem staffing industry for medical staff, Connie decided to join her husband Randall to help build a tax preparation and resolution firm focused on the needs of U.S. expats. Connie spends her days ensuring that Tax Samaritan offers exactly what our clients need and help them through the process of gathering the information needed for their return preparation.
On a personal note, Connie loves spending time with her large family (husband… yes… even though sometimes working side-by-side with one’s spouse can be a bit overwhelming at times…, four daughters, son, granddaughter and grandsons).
Operations Support Manager – Tony Dailey
Anthony (Tony) Dailey served in the United States Air Force for 10 and a half years before making the jump back into civilian life in the tax industry. Tony spends his days focusing on internal operations and how to improve our customer experience while he is learning the ins and outs of the tax world.
On a personal note, Tony enjoys spending time with his wife and their four children as well as helping and supporting veterans and veteran-based organizations in the greater Las Vegas area.
Meet Our Team Of Tax Professionals
Operations Coach – Jordan Tucker – Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Jordan Tucker is a Certified Public Accountant and member of the California Society of CPAs. He earned his Bachelors of Science degree in accounting from Stockton University, Galloway, New Jersey. While working in public accounting, Jordan helped clients from varying industries with assurance and taxation services, including preparation of external & internal financial statements, tax-planning, and tax return preparation. Solving complex tax issues and working with clients to reduce their tax liability fostered an interest in the area of taxation, which is currently his main focus.
Jordan resides in Laguna Niguel, CA and is an outdoor and ocean enthusiast. During his spare time, he enjoys playing golf, surfing, diving, fishing, hiking, and snowboarding. When not outdoors, Jordan likes to read, listen to music, play guitar, and spend time with family and friends.
Tax Professional – Lisa Boucher – Enrolled Agent (EA)
Lisa is an Enrolled Agent and her entire career has been in various aspects of accounting, from bookkeeper to corporate accountant prior to finishing a Bachelor’s of Science in both Accounting and Finance and a Masters of Science in Management with a concentration in accounting. Upon finishing her degrees she began working in a small tax department at a mid-sized regional accounting firm. After exposure to many High Net Worth clients she was moved to the Sports and Entertainment department where she prepared returns for professional athletes including members of the MLB, NBA and NFL. It was through these returns that she got her first exposure to foreign account reporting.
For the last several years she has been working almost exclusively with clients who live and work outside of the US. She enjoys helping her clients to navigate the ever-changing sea of tax laws in the US and is always willing to go that extra mile to make sure her clients pay the least amount of tax they are legally obligated to pay.
She enjoys traveling and is an avid motorcyclist who has ridden all over New England enjoying all of the scenery and history the area has to offer. She also volunteers and participates in many fundraising events for various charities.
Tax Professional – Alison Kintz – Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Alison Kintz, a Certified Public Accountant, received her Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Financial Management from Concordia University, Portland, Oregon, and her Master’s degree in Accounting, specializing in taxation, from the University of Texas at Austin. Alison has been providing tax preparation, bookkeeping services, and payroll services to a variety of clients over the years. She enjoys getting to know her clients and helping each one in a clear and efficient manner with their unique tax situation.
Originally from the Northwest, Alison now divides her time between Gonzales, TX, and Celestún, MX. Her favorite place is the beach. She loves to stay active and especially loves doing anything outdoors. She enjoys golf, travel, and spending time with her husband and two Labradoodles. Alison likes to compete in marathons and triathlons but often does 5ks so her dogs can join in the fun.
Tax Professional – John Pillatsch – Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
John B. Pillatsch is a California-licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with over 30 years of experience in public accounting, industry, and academia. John graduated from Aurora (Illinois) University with the BA in Accounting and then completed his Master of Accounting Science (MAS) degree at Northern Illinois University, where he was also a graduate teaching assistant. He passed the CPA examination while attending graduate school and then started his career as a staff auditor with Ernst & Young, a Big 4 accounting firm in Chicago. During his five years with E&Y, John served a variety of publicly traded and privately-owned clients. After E&Y, John spent three years in corporate finance with Kraft Foods in Glenview, Illinois then returned to public accounting where he served two years as a consulting manager with Price Waterhouse in Chicago working on financial modeling engagements.
John spent the next 12 years as a controller and CFO for an international not-for-profit organization, eventually relocating to Los Angeles. Most recently, John worked in various leadership roles with Becker Professional Education, the largest provider of CPA examination review courses, where he also taught CPA review and financial accounting classes for Keller Graduate School of Management.
For the past 20 years, John has operated his own tax and accounting services practice providing tax planning, tax preparation, and accounting services. His clients include corporate executives, small business owners, real estate investors, ministers, retirees, and expatriates. As a licensed CPA and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), John stays current on tax laws and accounting pronouncements through 40 hours per year of continuing professional education.
In January 2018, John and his wife Larissa, relocated full-time to their ranch home in the Tehachapi Mountains, about two hours north of Los Angeles. They enjoy spending time on their property which is home to a variety of wildlife and traveling internationally. John is also an avid road cyclist having completed several century rides and two editions of the Tehachapi Gran Fondo.
Tax Professional – Clarissa Risner – Enrolled Agent (EA)
For seventeen years, Clarissa worked for a registered investment advisor, serving from manager of accounting services to the role of president. In addition to serving our clients with income tax preparation services, retirement planning, and assisting them in performing general financial tasks, she was also responsible for all the corporate financial functions. In 2015, I passed all parts of the enrolled agent exam to better assist her clients.
She is married and has three children. She enjoys spending time with them as well as traveling with her extended family. She is also very active in the children ministries at her church, where she has served as a Junior Bible Quiz coach and/or official for over twenty-five years.
She graduated with a computer science engineering degree from Texas A&M University, so she especially enjoy watching the Aggies play football in the fall!
Tax Professional – Sheri Thomas – Enrolled Agent (EA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Sheri has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, and Master of Science degree in Taxation. She is an Enrolled Agent and a Fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute and has worked in the tax and accounting field for over 16 years. In addition, she is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the Virginia Society of Enrolled Agents, where she serves as secretary of her local chapter.
Her professional interests include helping clients understand their tax situations and assisting them with tax planning in order for them to pay the lowest amount of tax allowable under the law. In addition to tax preparation and planning, she also enjoys working with clients who may have found themselves in a delinquent situation with the IRS. A forever learner, Sheri regularly attends tax conferences to stay abreast of the latest tax laws and updates as well as to network with fellow tax colleagues around the country.
Sheri has three grown children and reside in Suffolk, VA. In her spare time, she enjoys all things outdoors – camping, hiking, kayaking, running, cycling. Her favorite vacation is a cruise; however, she also loves the beach or the mountains equally, and is happiest when busy or on the go. She is also active in her church, where she serves in several capacities.
Tax Professional – Michael Torres – Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Michael has been a Las Vegas resident for over 40 years. He graduated from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting. He has been Certified Public Accountant since July 2003 with eighteen years’ experience in Public Accounting and Federal Taxation. Michael enjoys collecting Star Wars items, mostly Funko Pops. He also enjoys indoor drone flying with his daughter.
Why Tax Samaritan?
With so many tax preparation firms, why should you choose us?
- “A” Rated and Accredited By The Better Business Bureau – See our BBB Rating .
- Our Client Testimonials – Read our Tax Preparation Testimonials to see what our clients have to say about working with Tax Samaritan.
- Interaction & Responsiveness – Your time is important and we deliver by providing responses quickly and the ability to interact with us easily whether it is getting your questions answered quickly or a quick turnaround on your tax return.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – We guarantee our service 100% or we will refund your fees.
- Accuracy Guarantee – We will deliver to you an accurate return with the lowest tax liability. If we make an error in your return that results in penalties, we will reimburse you for the penalties assessed.
- IRS Audit Examination Support – If you are audited for a return that we prepared, we can be available to assist and represent you with the examination. Fees and expenses for representing you will be invoiced in accordance with terms we agree on for that engagement. For a small fee that’s added to your tax preparation invoice, we’ll shield and protect you from ever having to deal with the tax authorities by yourself with our Audit Protection Plan in case you get an audit notice or correspondence related to the filing of your tax return from the IRS or state tax authorities. And if you ever have to meet with an agent in person, we’ll attend the meeting on your behalf. You don’t even have to go.
- IRS Correspondence Support – If you receive any IRS or state correspondence, such as “CP” notifications, audit letters, or other letters, we will help you with the correspondence at no additional cost with our Audit Protection Plan.
- Year-Round Assistance – We are a year-round team of accessible tax professionals.
- Our Tax Knowledge and Experience – We are IRS Enrolled Agents that have a proven breadth of experience and knowledge about the intricacies of US taxation. Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are given unlimited representation rights before IRS. Certified Public Accountants’ (CPA), who are state licensed, specialize in accounting and may or may not choose to specialize in taxes. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, all enrolled agents (EA) specialize in taxation. Our primary focus and specialty is on helping American Taxpayers living abroad. We also have extensive experience in the special tax situations of gamblers, teachers, nurses and the military. We are committed to providing expert advice and exceptional service.
- Remote Tax Service – We service you remotely with our online tools wherever you reside in the world. Our tools make it convenient and easy to get your taxes prepared.
- We Protect Your Information – Your data is hosted in our SAS 70/SSAE 16 Certified Datacenter. Every file is encrypted using the latest 128 to 256 bit encryption algorithms (depending on your browser) to ensure that your information is safe and secure.
If you’re serious about saving on your taxes and making sure that your return is accurate and complete, request a free tax preparation quote by clicking on the button below or click on “Contact Us” in the upper right corner of this page.
I hope you’ll find the articles and information helpful. And I look forward to working together with you soon.