JOIN OUR DREAM TEAM
We’re looking to hire a Tax Professional
This is an employee position located in our lovely office in North Las Vegas (near W. Craig & Allen).
WHAT WE DO
We are one of the largest online tax firms that serve the U.S. tax preparation and resolution market for expats (U.S. taxpayers that work and live overseas).
We educate and serve a global community of over 6 million U.S. expats and we create content, resources and tax preparation and resolution services to help U.S. taxpayers abroad with their tax compliance obligations and help them get back on track if they have tax problems.
In a nutshell, we help people minimize their U.S. tax liabilities, meet their increased compliance requirements while abroad and live their dreams and lives overseas without the worry or fear of the IRS and state tax authorities.
It is incredibly exciting (and fulfilling) work.
We believe in using real know-how about the tax code, and great systems are the unsung heroes of business success and the secret for us to grow.
We create impact in people’s lives, by showing them how to strategically lower their tax liabilities. This means the freedom to make money, create and support their family on their own terms. We educate American’s abroad with the increasingly complex environment of filing taxes and staying in compliance with their U.S. tax obligations while overseas.
We lead a team of innovative and inspiring individuals who do great work and have a great time doing it.
They are the best at what they do and they love doing it.
We believe in…
CONTINUOUS EDUCATION & GROWTH
Everyone on our team has access to continuing education, the best reference books, plus the opportunity to get access to online and in-person training that helps you do your job better – on us.
We are happy to invest in your growth and training.
Think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
Be a problem solver, not a problem finder. We move fast and we get things done.
We believe in being and doing the best.
HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS
We are a team of leaders who can self-manage, work independently AND collaborate.
NO TITLE TYRANNY
Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed
WE MEASURE OUTPUT (NOT THE TIME SPENT WORKING)
It’s not about working more hours; it’s about working smarter and on the right things.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
You’ll have the ability to positively impact U.S. taxpayers all around the world.
Help people with their tax returns and problems that can actually change their lives.
POSITIVELY CHANGE U.S. TAXPAYES LIVES
One of the main reasons we started our company was so that US taxpayers abroad would have the freedom and flexibility to obtain quality tax preparation and representation regardless of their location worldwide.
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
Be a part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and everyday. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a quickly growing company and promote from within. Your opportunity for growth inside of our company is exciting.
This is a tax school that you get paid for. You will not only work within a dynamic business, you will be immersed in working with tax professionals and learning about real life business.
We hire grown-ups and we will treat you like one.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, and join us in the impact that we are making.
DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you an experienced tax preparer focused on learning and new challenges? Do you have an active PTIN? Do you enjoy helping people? Are you able to work on multiple projects simultaneously?
If so, you’re in the right place.
We are looking for someone that can be our next “Tax Guru”.
This is an employee position. That’s right… you will receive a W-2, not a 1099.
SO WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a tax professional you will responsible for a variety of tasks during the lifecycle of our tax preparation process and tax resolution (tax resolution applicable only if an active EA or CPA).
Some of these tasks include:
- Tax research and answering client emails such as tax questions and inquiries about information needed
- Preparation of client work papers (our returns are more complex and most of our clients do not have tax documents such as W2s, 1099s, etc. which necessitates the need for work papers to have a path for data entry into our tax software), data entry into Tax Software, posting and reviewing returns with clients, filing returns and assisting with the administration of our client lifecycle
- Assisting with other office tasks and projects as requested/needed
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR:
- Those looking for a “side-job” while growing their own business
- Those who have a lot going on already and don’t have the time and focus needed to do a quality job
- Those who do not already have a PTIN and do not have at least two years of tax preparation experience
- Those looking to only do simple tax returns
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is a high communicator
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges including the unique and complex returns for expats (US taxpayers abroad)
- Loves learning new things and can pick up on new tasks quickly
- Loves preparing tax returns and answering tax questions from clients whether explaining tax law or explaining what tax documents/information is needed
- Wants to be compensated fairly for their contributions and value
- Wants to become an Enrolled Agent (EA) or already is an EA or CPA and wants to put their knowledge to “real” use with tax preparation and tax resolution
- Can work FT but is willing to work PT during regular business hours (i.e. M-F; 9a-6p) at our office location in North Las Vegas (near W. Craig & Allen).
WHY SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
- You’ll get to push yourself mentally and put your skills to use in a business that is constantly launching new projects, growing and clients that provide a variety of new and different challenges. There is never a dull moment.
- You’ll be paid to do what you already love.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT:
- We experience tremendous growth each year and need someone who can really own this role.
- We are still a small form and you will have your hands in a variety of projects and engagements that you will not encounter on a regular basis at other small firms and typically won’t have the opportunity to regularly experience at a larger firm.
Sound good? I want to learn more about you!