Combat Zone Extension

combat zone extension

As A Contractor Do I Qualify For The Special Combat Zone Extension?

Did you know as a contractor serving in a combat zone that you may qualify for special tax relief – a special combat zone extension? If you are a qualified contractor working in a combat zone, compliance actions with the IRS, such as audits or enforced collections, are delayed until 180 days after have left the combat zone. In addition, the deadline for filing tax returns, paying taxes, filing claims for refund and taking other actions with the IRS is automatically extended if you qualify.

Guide for Military Contractors Abroad


Request Our Free eBook For Military Contractors Working Abroad! 


Tax Samaritan’s Indispensable Guide For How U.S. Military Contractors Abroad Can Save On Their Taxes And Keep The IRS & State Tax Authorities Happy



If you are serving in a combat zone or a contingency operation in support of the Armed Forces, such as Red Cross personnel, accredited correspondents and civilian personnel acting under the direction of the Armed Forces in support of those forces, you may qualify for the combat zone extension.

If you are a contractor of the Armed Forces serving overseas in a combat zone – contact Tax Samaritan for a free quote or consultation or for help with the combat zone extension.

Tax Samaritan is a team of Enrolled Agents with over 25 years of experience focusing on the taxation of US taxpayers living abroad. Our services include filing for the combat zone extension so that you have the requisite time to file your tax returns. We maintain this tax blog where all articles are written by Enrolled Agents. Our main objective is to educate Americans abroad on their tax responsibilities, so that they can look for planning alternatives on time. They are also designed to help taxpayers looking to self prepare, providing specific tips and pitfalls to avoid. If you found this article helpful, you’ll likely benefit from our future ones as well – so we encourage you to avoid pitfalls and join our mailing list:

You can also request a no charge consultation by requesting a quote for our services here:

Or speak to us live through the chat button on the bottom of your screen or by calling us directly at 702-350-1040.

Randall Brody is an enrolled agent, licensed by the US Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the IRS for audits, collections and appeals. To attain the enrolled agent designation, candidates must demonstrate expertise in taxation, fulfill continuing education credits and adhere to a stringent code of ethics.

Every effort has been taken to provide the most accurate and honest analysis of the tax information provided in this blog. Please use your discretion before making any decisions based on the information provided. This blog is not intended to be a substitute for seeking professional tax advice based on your individual needs.

2 responses to “Combat Zone Extension

All About Randall Brody
Randall is the Founder of Tax Samaritan, a boutique firm specializing in the preparation of taxes and the resolution of tax problems for Americans living abroad, as well as the other unique tax issues that apply to taxpayers. Here, they help taxpayers save money on their tax returns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *