I own a foreign rental property that operates at a loss. Do I have to report this on my U.S. tax return?

Yes, you will most likely need to include Schedule E with your tax return if you’ve received rental income, even if there is a net loss. Losses from rental properties may help reduce your overall tax liability and must be claimed on your tax return.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.