IRS Power Of Attorney – Practical Info You Need To Know
Purpose Of An IRS Power Of Attorney Authorization
If you are dealing with a IRS tax problem, you can decide to represent yourself or have an Enrolled Agent represent you with an IRS Power of Attorney Authorization. The IRS Power of Attorney form, Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative is used to authorize another person to act on your behalf.
Why Authorize An Individual
Generally, an IRS Power of Attorney is used for one of the following common situations:
- If you want someone else to represent you and practice before the IRS on your behalf.
- You want someone else to prepare a written response to the IRS, or fill out documents on your behalf which get filed with the IRS.
- You have a complex situation that requires it, such as owing back taxes and or preparation of several years of late returns.
Benefits Of An IRS Power Of Attorney
Once a qualified individual has been authorized with the IRS to represent you, they will be in contact with the IRS on any tax related matters you have. An IRS Power of Attorney can handle the following situations for you:
- Respond to any IRS correspondence received by your and/or the Power of Attorney
- Represent you in all tax matters before the IRS – examinations, collections, appeals, etc.
- Negotiate and put in place an installment agreement or payment plan for you to repay taxes owed.
Our goal at Tax Samaritan is to provide the best counsel, advocacy and personal service for our clients and acting under an IRS Power of Attorney is one of the ways that we can successfully resolve a tax matter on your behalf. We are not only tax preparation and representation experts, but strive to become valued business partners. Tax Samaritan is committed to understanding our client’s unique needs; every tax situation is different and requires a personal approach in providing realistic and effective solutions.
If you’re having tax problems and think that you need the power of an IRS Power of Attorney for tax representation, we can help.
All About Randall Brody
Randall is the Founder of Tax Samaritan, a boutique firm specializing in the preparation of taxes and the resolution of tax problems for Americans living abroad, as well as the other unique tax issues that apply to taxpayers. Here, they help taxpayers save money on their tax returns.